Saturday, January 12, 2008

Things That I Never Dreamed That I Would Be Doing!

4 things that I never though I would be doing


1. Yes, you vision is not blurred. I never thought I would have a baby in my bed. However, when Julia is fussy at night, our bed is like magic. She can cry and cry in her bed and the second you put her in ours, she is quiet and goes to sleep. So far, she hasn't been in ours all night, but I do tend to put her in there when times get tough in the middle of the night! I guess there are worse things. I was going to keep this as my little secret....but, there is nothing sweeter than to open your eyes and see that little face so close!

2. I never thought I would be going to the college bookstore with John to get his books. However, this is exactly what we did yesterday on the Friday before the Monday that he takes his first ever college class. His attitude is really good about the whole deal. He says that he is going to try and think of his college education as a job....that he has to do it to get paid. Great idea, because that is what it is! I am a little jealous about him taking classes. He is taking 12 hours. I truly think that he will start to really like it. John is brilliant. He just needs a little boost of self-confidence and I think he will be surprised at how well he is going to do.
3. I never thought my friends would be calling me at midnight from the cool bar in Jonesboro that John was playing at last night to tell me how things were going. I was usually the first one there to cheer him on. Last night, some of my friends went while I stayed at home with Julia. They were a little surprised that I wouldn't leave her with someone and go. HA! There was no place that I would rather have been. I have to go to work Monday, so every second with her counts at this point! Thanks everyone for supporting the band....it means the world to John when friends show up!
4. I never thought I could love someone so much! I just thought I loved Spooky the cat!

3 comments:

jane bonady watson said...

Joy,
Scottie, Leslie and Robin were ALWAYS in the bed with me. They always slept better there. I don't know who started the dirty little rumor that having your baby sleep in your be was a negative thing. Musta been someone who never had a baby.


x0x0x0x
aunt jane

Pat said...

Joy,
I saw Jean at lunch and I know your first day back was not wonderful, but it'll be okay. I know you're glad John will be with her.
Blessings,
Pat

Ambre' said...

And you never would have believed us if we told you any of these 4 things!! (PS- I know first hand the terrible things that can happen when newborns sleep in the bed, although it is really hard not to do sometimes and we are all guily of it)