Friday, January 25, 2008

My "Laid Back" Baby

Today was Julia's 2 month Dr. appointment. I bragged to the nurse about how laid back she was and what a good baby I had. About 5 minutes later, Julia started squirming and grunting which eventually led to a full fledged scream. Well, the screaming lasted about 30 minutes. Dr. Beth and I were yelling back and forth to communicate at the end of the visit! John and I were so frazzled by the time she was to get her shots that I don't think we noticed a different sound when she was poked by 3 needles than what we had been hearing for the last 30 minutes! We went to have lunch with my parents to celebrate surviving the torture. Mom said she had to tell Dad not to come up to the Doctors office while Julia got her shots. How funny would that have been to have the whole family in that tiny exam room. Dad made everybody in the restaurant come and look at his sleeping granddaughter. Of course, my laid back baby had returned, but Dr. Beth was not there to see it!

I think she is okay now. I am posting a picture of her so that you can see for yourself! Shot day means naps and smiles in Mommy and Daddy's bed. What a sweet, laid back baby!

No comments: