Sunday, January 6, 2008

Mamma Has Left the Building

Yesterday was the first day in almost 42 weeks that I got in my car and went somewhere.....without Julia. I had to tell her that I loved her and kiss her about 100 times before I left! A garage sale was calling my name. I drove straight there at dangerous speeds and ran through the whole deal and made my transaction in about ten minutes. I raced home thinking that the place was going to be falling apart and that Julia would be howling because she missed her mom so much. To my surprise, John was sitting right beside her while she was in her swing quietly gazing out the window. Oh, I guess life can go on for her without me for short periods. The real question is......can my life go on without her for short periods?

P.S. She was a little more fussy than normal last night. I am convinced it was because she was a little scarred from me leaving her for 30 minutes.... :)!

2 comments:

guywithblackdog said...

What I want to know is: On the way to the garage sale did you stop at Sonic for the vanilla diet coke??

Joy Shepherd said...

The vanilla diet coke has taken the backseat to Julia. The garage sale had a higher priority. Sonic girls could not move fast enough and that stop would have taken me away for 34 minutes vs. 30!