Sunday, January 20, 2008

Big, Big Smiles!

I got my first big, big smile this morning! Julia sleeps next to our bed in her Pack N Play and when she woke up this morning, she just lays in her bed and plays for a while. I got up and went over to her bed and said, "Good morning!" in my best high-pitched baby voice. She grinned with only one side of her mouth. Her smiles got progressively bigger as my "Good mornings" got progressively more obnoxious! I can't think of a better way to start the day!

We had a busy couple of days. Saturday night, Julia and I drove to Marianna to see Ashley and her 2 kids, Millie and Jack. I decided to go after Ashley called and invited us and I thought I needed to get out since I hadn't left the house since I got in from work Wednesday afternoon. Julia hadn't left in over a week! Ashley was having an Orient Expressed children's clothing showing at her house. I only bought one outfit, but if I was loaded, I would have gone home with one of everything! Wow....the cutest stuff EVER! This baby girl business is going to be hard for a momma who loves clothes. Ashley had 5 kids under the age of 5 at her house. Julia got to hear lots of very loud playing and screaming and crying. I look forward to the days that Julia has friends over to play. However, I relished my quiet sleeping baby on the drive home!


Today, Scottie, Leslie, Mimi, my parents and Sarah spent the day here hanging out with Julia. Scottie and Leslie are both beautiful girls who have so much going for them! I am so happy that Julia got to meet them and I look forward to her getting to spend a lot of time with them in the future. Scottie lives in NYC and Leslie is married to a great guy and they live in Arkadelphia. Family is so important.....more than ever now that Julia is here. Mimi is beautiful too. She is 90 something, and so gorgeous and such a neat lady! I am posting a picture of the three of them looking at a photo album of me when I was a baby. We are still trying to decide who Julia looks like. Pretty blue eyes like her dad, but that's about all we can figure out. Oh, but speaking of beautiful....she is such a beauty!




At the end of the day, Julia's favorite place in on her momma's shoulder. How do I know? Because she whispered in my ear and told me so!


No comments: