Saturday, August 30, 2008

9 Months Old!

Julia had a full-fledged birthday celebration for her 9 month birthday! She had her 9 month well baby check up yesterday with Dr. Beth. She weighs 19 pounds and is incredibly tall....I forgot the measurement. She is still in the 95 percentile on her height, somewhere between 50th and 75 percentile on her weight (moving up considering she has been in the 50th until now!), and in the 25th percentile on her head circumference. That translates to mean that she is tall, relatively skinny, and has a tiny head. But beautiful, nonetheless. Dr. Beth mentioned her beautiful "tan" skin and until now, I thought she was just lucky and got John's beautiful skin. Dr. Beth corrected me and told me that it was more than likely a result of the carrots and squash in her diet. When we were driving home from the doctor, it occurred to me how grateful I am to be taking Julia to a WELL baby check-up. We are so lucky.

John got to be a rock star again last night, so the Bonady's came over and celebrated Julia's 9 month milestone. She had fun playing with everybody. The celebration continued this morning when my Dad insisted on taking us to breakfast at Colby's. Julia even had a gift from her grandparents at breakfast...a Dr. Seuss book and a toy. Julia is LOVING books lately. She even laughs at one of them that has some flaps that open. I think that she thinks they are playing her favorite game....peek a boo.

John and I watched a pretty fascinating movie over the past 2 nights: "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly." I don't know where he comes up with all of these, but we both loved the movie, even though it was incredibly sad. We talked a lot about it afterwards and we want to read the book that the movie is based on. I love a movie/book/play/musical that gives us a few good discussion topics! John even said that he fought back some tears......but don't tell anyone.

Good news....my cousin Scottie and Jason got engaged this week!!!! I am so happy for Scottie! She grew up in Earle and we spent a lot of time together as kids. Some of my best childhood memories are in Earle with Scottie and the whole Watson crew. She lives in NYC now and met a great guy from there. I am so happy for them! I hope this means that we get to head to my favorite city for a wedding soon!

Julia enjoying her favorite snack, a Baby Mum Mum

Julia looking for a piece of dirt on the floor so that she can put it in her mouth.

Julia being a ham and entertaining everyone.

Julia eating the toast of Mom's plate at Colby's at her 9 month old birthday celebration.

No comments: