Sunday, August 17, 2008

Julia+a great book+hottub+a movie= Totally nonproductive

I love a weekend when I have no plans and I don't even get in the car at least one of the two weekend days. I didn't finish the laundry or do anything that others might consider, constructive. I did, however, immerse myself in a great book called, "Loving Frank." It's a historical fiction book about Frank Lloyd Wright and I am loving it! You know it's good when I took it to read in the car on the way to my parent's house tonight! (No, I wasn't driving.)


We watched The Bucket List, but I thought it was a little too Nicholas Sparks-ish. I liked the premise of the movie....things you want to do before you die, but that was about all that I liked about it. John and I had big plans to go to see Momma Mia tonight and my mom even skipped church to keep Julia for us while we went. We dropped Julia off and pulled into the movie to see a sign on the front that said, "Momma Mia is not playing." They said that some pipes bursted and there was water in that side of the theater. So, we went straight back and picked up Julia and went to Wal-Mart instead. Fun.


The weather has been cool enough to enjoy the hot tub at night. It puts us all in a relaxed state of mind and I am looking forward to some cooler nights.


Julia is a hand full these days. She is so busy and I cannot take my eyes off of her for one second. The days of setting her down in one spot and coming back for her in that same spot are long gone. She is a girl on the move and likes to touch everything. Her favorite "toys" are usually things that are not toys at all. She has tons of toys on the rug in the living room and will end of playing with the rug or some other non-toy.
This is Julia's new kitchen which was the Saturday morning garage sale find of the day. I don't think my Mom has missed too many sales. Almost every Saturday, she finds Julia some things that she can't live without!

Julia and her Dad taking a before dinner stroll around the yard.

Unfortunately, this is what happens when you live in the Delta and take before dinner strolls.....mosquito bites!

No comments: