Saturday, August 23, 2008

Julia Ate Meat and Other Random Stuff

Julia ate meat for the first time this week. We had a jar of chicken and broccoli stashed away in the cabinet and John gave it to Julia for lunch this week. He says that she was not too crazy about it. I have been holding off on giving her meat because she is so perfectly content with her vegetables, rice cereal and fruit (she LOVES applesauce!).

We also visited Ms. Melinda who will be keeping Julia on Tuesday and Thursday mornings for three hours while John is at school. She seems like a really nice girl and has kids at her house. A lot of my friends swear by her and say that there is no one better. I broke out in a cold sweat when we visited just because I have never had to take Julia somewhere and drop her off on a consistent basis. We know that she will do fine and it will be good for her to play with other kids. School starts this week for John and her first day there will be Thursday. I have been so spoiled not to have to get up and get her out before I go to work. I am hoping for a smooth transition!

John is being a rock star tonight at a country club golf tournament. Julia and I are looking forward to a "Girl's Night In!" I am happy that John is playing music and has a lot of stuff on the music agenda....he needs his fix. He will be taking 12 hours this semester and once again, he is in for a challenge. I never thought that I would be talking about John being a college student. Life takes some interesting turns and this opportunity is one that I am so grateful for. It has allowed him to stay at home with Julia and get paid to go to school. A great arrangement ....and perfect timing that Julia came along right at the time he had the chance to do this.

The Bonady family came over to visit this morning and to bring Julia her Saturday morning garage sale find. A guitar that makes real guitar noises. John could not be happier with this treasure!

Pretty Julia with the orange nose. I guess I need to lighten up on the carrots in her diet! She still loves this Johnny Jumper that hangs from the door.

Shawnie came over this afternoon and hung out with us. Julia enjoyed sticking her hand in Shawnie's mouth. I have no idea why???? We miss our girl Shawnie!

No comments: