Monday, August 25, 2008

So I WIll Believe It....


Julia LOVES broccoli! We have had it for dinner a couple of times and I always give her some on her tray. Last night, she ate about 6 big pieces and had it all over her. I thought I would post her picture because I know there will come a time in the near future when we are begging her to eat her broccoli!

Last week, we were calling Julia "turtle" because she crawls so slow. This week, we are begging her to slow down! She is moving so fast and of course, wants to touch everything that she "shouldn't" be touching. For example, with a hundred toys in the floor to choose from, Julia will head straight for the lamp cord to put in her mouth. She has a strong preference for all electrical cords. She stays very busy and we are finding that "running to the bathroom" for a minute is truly no longer an option.
Here are the hundreds of toys that Julia has to choose from. This is the view into our living room from upstairs. I have hesitated to post this picture because people who know me well are falling on the floor laughing right now. I swore that I wouldn't be one of those moms who let the toys take over the house. I promised myself that all toys would stay neatly stashed in the baby's room in a toy box. Yeah, right.

Today, we got our final landscaping plans drawn out by some local girls who do decorating consults. I love their ideas and just needed a vision to make this all happen. It will be a huge undertaking, but I think we are up for the challenge. The first order of business will be our new driveway that gives us access to the basement and front door. I will post some before and after pictures soon. I am afraid that the "after" pics may be up in about 5 years!

1 comment:

Kaye Butler said...

My girls loved corn until last month. Now it just creeps Mary Margaret out and Taylor says its awful.

Kids.