Thursday, August 28, 2008

E-I-E-I.....

Julia has learned to sing, yes sing, E-I-E-I. She hasn't quite gotten the O yet, but she sings the first part in her best soprano tone.

This week was supposed to be Julia's first week at the sitter's house on Tuesday and Thursday mornings, but she hasn't been yet. Tuesday, Ms. Melinda was out of town and this morning my cell phone rang at 6:45. It was her mom telling us that she was very sick. I stayed home until Sarah could get out here to keep Julia while John was at class. Thank goodness for backup family!

Today, Becca and I talked about kids birthday parties. We are both in the same boat about really not wanting people to feel "obligated" to bring presents to parties. She was debating putting "No Gifts Please" on Sol's invitation. I convinced her that people want to buy a gift and want to bring it to the party...that is just part of the tradition. We decided jointly that we were going to adopt a policy and market the idea to all of our friends. How about if we put a cap of $10 on birthday gifts or encourage friends to donate to their favorite charity in their honor? Of course, this excludes grandparents who are welcome to bring on the Barbie corvettes and $1,000 savings bonds whenever they deem necessary! :)

My favorite part of the day is to come home from work. Julia can hear me when I open the door and can hear my heels on the hardwood floors coming down the hall. She is SO happy to see me and screams and starts crawling really fast towards me. She gets tired a little more than half way, so I usually meet her halfway. She gives the sweetest hugs and I just squeeze her as hard as she will let me! Today, my parents were here visiting when I got home. They don't get much time with her after I get home because I can hardly let her go.


When I lay Julia down for her late afternoon nap, this is what I come back in to find. As soon as I lay her down, she starts shifting around so that she can get in a position to stand up in her bed. The only problem is that she doesn't know how to lay back down. She gets stuck standing there and cries for me to come back to get her to lay her down again. Tuesday when I went in, the cupcake mobile was mangled up and three of the four cupcakes were off the mobile and laying in her bed. One of those was soaking wet from her having a taste! I guess it's time to take the the cute cupcake mobile down.
No hurry though....that means it's saying goodbye to one more baby thing.

No comments: