Friday, August 15, 2008

An Image for the Day...

Julia has gotten into the habit of crying when I lay her down for bed at night. We have been so lucky with her sleeping habits until now, I guess I had it coming! I have always been able to lay her down awake and she just curls up with her baby doll or stuffed rabbit and sucks her fingers and goes right to sleep. Lately, regardless of how sleepy she is, she immediately sits up in her bed and cries really hard for as long as she needs to. This explains why she has been sleeping in the pancake position! It's because she cries sitting up and eventually gets so tired that she just falls asleep sitting up and falls forward on the bed. I always have to go in and flip her legs out from under her! John and I made a pact not to pick her up and put her in our bed but to instead let her cry it out as long as it didn't last too long. Her cry time is getting shorter every night and last night it only lasted for about 3 minutes. So, it seems to be working and I am so glad....because I HATE to see her cry!
Yesterday, when I came home for lunch she was napping. When I peeked in, this is what I saw...

It took all I had not to go in there and squeeze that little foot!

No comments: