Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Best Night of Julia's Life

Becca and Neall called us Tuesday night and asked us if we would like to go to see Sesame Street Live in Jonesboro at the Convocation Center Wednesday night. My first instinct was of course not, she is 8 months old! But then when I really thought about it, I couldn't think of much else that I would rather do on a Wednesday night. So, off we went. The Bradshaws went too and Beth even brought Katie, who is not quite 2 months old! I figured we would be lucky to be there for 20 minutes or so, but Julia absolutely loved it. She had a great time. Her eyes were glued to the stage for most of the show. She got a little restless about 5 minutes before the show was over, and so we made an early exit. Sol fell asleep about 10 minutes before the end of the show and so they left a little early. I thought it was really funny when Beth leaned over and told me that Linton (her 2 year old) has resorted to head butting and they thought it was time to go too. One trick that I learned was to keep some snacks close to Julia the entire time which kept her busy and kept her attention. She ate about 50 cheerios!


Julia thanked John and I profusely all the way home and we ended the night by her telling us that it was, by far, the best night of her life. So thanks, Neall and Becca for thinking of us. This was definitely a night for making memories.

No comments: