Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The World Travelers

John, Julia and I took a road trip to Little Rock yesterday and spent the night there since I had an early morning meeting in town today. We used Priceline to get a motel room for a decent price and ended up on Shackelford at a good place for $45. I have never been disappointed in a room that Priceline has given me! We went to the zoo, ate sushi at Igibon's, and had a great time. We took Julia shopping at the mall and she never ceases to amaze me with her good mood and sweet spirit. She napped yesterday for a whopping 45 minutes all day and would cat nap in the car for 5 minutes or so before we would wake her up and drag her along to the next store. She is such a trooper!

Today, the meetings that I attended were for the Board members of the community foundation and a producer for the Today show and MSNBC news correspondent was the speaker. He was excellent and talked a lot about public relations and the media. I learned a lot and can relate all of what he talked about to my real job, in addition to the "volunteer" work that I do.
A side note...on the way home, we stopped at Sonic to get my vanilla diet coke and John ordered a fried ice cream blast for himself(this was in Cabot.) When we got to Bald Knob maybe 30 minutes later, John slammed on the brakes (I thought we were about to have a wreck,) and pulled in the Bulldog restaurant to get himself a Strawberry Shortcake. He is the only person alive that can eat like this! This was after he had an entire pizza and half of my salad at US Pizza for lunch.

Julia had a great view of all the animals at the zoo. She spent most of her time patting John on the head.

Aren't apes weird? I could have stared at this guy for hours!

The truth is that John and I probably enjoyed the animals at the zoo more than Julia....but she still has fun wherever she goes.

1 comment:

Kaye Butler said...

It looks like the ape could have stared right back for hours.

Don't you hate it when men slam on the brakes, IF we were to do that, boy would we be in trouble. I travel with a "NOT STOPPING" man.

Kaye