Monday, September 1, 2008

Welcome Home to Cross County...

John got invited to go to a RedBirds game with a friend last night. Julia and I decided to drive him there so we could do some shopping and visit my friend Tracy and her family while he was at the game. Julia did great we loved meeting little Joanie Terhune, Tracy and Brad's baby girl. She is a little over 4 months old. She and Julia played well together. Dempsey, their five year old son, was definitely the star of the show and both girls could not keep their eyes of of him! Tracy and I decided that our girls would take after us and do really nice things together when they grow up....like visit art museums, go to the theater, etc. HA~ We can only pray that they DON'T take after us.

We picked John up at the game and Julia and I had an awesome view of the firework show from where we were parked to wait on him. We headed home while Julia slept peacefully in the backseat. When we crossed the Cross County line, the first thought in my mind was, "It's good to be home." There is just something comforting about being back in my hometown after a day of driving around in more unfamiliar territory. The second thought on my mind was, "Oh, there's blue lights behind me. I think I will pull over so that he can get to that guy in front of me who was speeding." Unfortunately, it was me he pulled behind. It was a guy I remembered from high school, so I figured I was okay. Said he clocked me at 65 in a 55. I am pretty certain that it was the guy in front of me that he clocked at 65, since I had my cruise control set on 62. Nevertheless, 62 is speeding so I didn't argue. He reappeared at my window after a brief and friendly chat......not with the warning that I had hoped for, but a breaking a city ordinance ticket. Not a speeding ticket, but an inattentive driving ticket. He explained that this would not go on my record and it would not affect my insurance, but that I just needed to call the Parkin City Hall to determine what I needed to pay them for breaking this "city ordinance."

Whatever.....welcome home to Cross County.

I was pretty entertained by this truck that I got behind in Memphis. The sign on the back reads...."Who needs the mafia? We have the IRS."

Tracy and Joan with Julia and I at Tracy's house in Memphis

Julia doing a little salsa dance and having a percussion lesson in the basement with Daddy.

Julia's big girl dinner...whole wheat pasta, sliced turkey, some cheese, mushed green peas are to the side, and some apple juice. I had to be really fast with the camera because she eats the cheese first and eats in really fast!

We spent Labor Day at home and at my parent's house. They had Julia and I over for hamburgers and hot dogs. Julia ate her first dill pickle. She also ate a piece of lettuce. Well, never mind. She never really ate it....she just kept it in her mouth for about 15 minutes???!!

No comments: