Friday, September 19, 2008

10 Good Years

Ten years ago today was my wedding day. We got married on the same piece of property where I am sitting today. However, ten years ago, there was not a house here yet, but only a $500 trailer that we bought to live in for a what we hoped would be a short time while we built our house. Three years later, we moved into our quiet, country home. Our wedding was simple, but sweet. John and I have definitely "beaten the odds," and I can attribute that to our strong sense of commitment and the fierce loyalty that we have for each other.

This year, my husband showed me what kind of a man he really is.....tender with an enormous heart and more love inside there than I could have ever imagined. This year has been by far the best. Thank you John for showing me what it feels like to be happily married and most of all, for giving me the best gift of all, my sweet Julia.

No comments: