Monday, September 15, 2008

Happy Birthday Sol!

Wow....I can't believe sweet Sol is 1! He was such a stunning birthday boy and we had a great time at his party Saturday. I teared up a little while Julia and I were driving to his party. First because I am so grateful to have Julia to take his party....I remember how it felt to go to friend's kid's birthday parties with no child! And second, because I miss Sol's grandmother, Teri. I know that she was smiling on us all that day. I used to pride myself on not being one of those emotional "crier" types, but I seem to be eating my words lately.
This picture is deceiving...it looks like Julia is laughing and smiling while getting into the balls to play. The truth is she screamed a bone chilling, stop the party scream every time her feet got within 5 inches of those balls. She was having no part of it.

After the party, Julia, Mary Margaret, and Maggie Grace and I headed over to the Cooper Young festival in Memphis. We met up at Tara's and she and Emmy joined us. Tara was an awesome host and we had our priorities in line. We ate sushi before we did anything else and I was so proud of our Emmy. She ate sushi like a girl who already knows whats good! The Cooper Young festival was great fun and I hope to make it an annual event.
Three precious girls!

Julia napped in her stroller while we were at the festival.

That little giraffe that is beside her is her new best friend.



No comments: