Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Julia's First Morning at Ms. Melinda's

I headed back to work Tuesday after the nice, long weekend and took my baby girl to the sitter's house for the first time. I have to admit, it felt kind of strange to leave her there. Not because I was worried about her necessarily, but just because I had this weird, "I'm forgetting something" sensation when I drove off without her. I stared at the clock several times that morning, counting down the hours and then minutes until when John could pick her up. I only called Ms. Melinda once, about 10:30. I assured her that I would not be one of those crazy moms who needed to call and check in all the time. She was so sweet and told me to call anytime. Her report on Julia was that she was doing pretty good. She would play for a while and then cry for about five minutes and then play again. John picked her up and he said Ms. Melinda was carrying her around on her hip when he got there. Everything is going to be fine and I am so glad that she will have a few hours a week to play with some other kids.




Julia, bright and early, heading out the door with Mommy.

Julia has spent a lot of time with her Grandparents the past few days. They are leaving today to go on a bank sponsored trip to Washington, DC. I think they needed to load up on all of the Julia that they could get since it will have to last them for several days while they are gone. I hope they have a good time and Julia will miss them!

2 comments:

Mickey and Jessica said...

is she forward facing now??? We got Parker a new carseat but can't get it to go in rear facing...i think we can all clearly see he has exceeded the 20lb weight limit to be forward facing!! :)

Joy Shepherd said...

Hey Jessica,
No, she is not forward facing yet....it does look like it in this picture though. She only weighs 19 pounds. I will probably just wait until she turns one (I cannot believe it's so soon!) until I turn her around.