Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My Meatatariun

Julia loves meat. I think meat and cheese, oh yeah...and broccoli, are her favorite foods these days. She can eat two whole slices of Boarshead turkey. Today, she had CrossRidge baked chicken for lunch and couldn't get it in her mouth fast enough. By the way, that is one of Wynne's best kept secrets...our hospital serves, what John and I agree, is the best baked and fried chicken breast every Tuesday at lunch. I get the baked and put in on a salad and John swears the fried chicken is the best he has ever had....and, a complete lunch for the bargain price of $3.00!
Other things to note:

- Today was Julia's 3rd day at Ms. Melinda's. She is not loving it. This morning, when she realized where she was and figured out that I was about to leave her, she cried so hard. It was awful. I went to work shaking from head to toe and couldn't concentrate. I am hoping that things will get better and that she won't be so miserable. John picks her up and Melinda reports that she cries a while and plays a while. She thinks that she is scared of the noise and commotion that the other kids make. He usually brings her to the parking lot of the hospital so that I can hold her and see for myself that she is still in one piece.

- Julia has learned a new trick that she has been practicing all day. She puts her hand to her mouth and moves it back and forth to make the Indian sound. We are certain that this is just another sign of her brilliance!

- Today, Julia and I went walking on our old neighborhood 3 mile route. Kristen met us along the way. The weather was perfect for walking today and I needed a break from the treadmill. I have been doing okay on it, but was ready for some fresh air. I have to make constant goals to keep my interest up on the treadmill. For example, I am trying to get two miles in a shorter time every day. So far, my quickest time was 27 minutes. Don't laugh you runners!

- My parents returned from their Washington DC bank vacation and they had a great time. Riding a chartered bus with 46 others to Washington DC does not sound like my kind of vacation, but they made new friends and had fun. Julia and I visited when they got home. It was a happy reunion.....Julia was happy to see them.

- I am going to do some custom sewing for two decorators in town. They gave me my first "job" today and I am a little nervous about being able to pull it off to their standards. One fabric that they are using to make some pillows cost $106 per yard.....I was really better off not knowing that!

- Our landscaping project is slow going.....which is a nice way of saying that nothing has happened. I haven't even started the process yet (other than getting bids) and so far, only one person has kept their word and come when they said they would. The construction business must be booming in Wynne because obviously none of these guys need to work. I am having flashbacks of building this house (my worst nightmare) and I am hoping that this project starts to look up soon.

Too much information, I know. Pictures next time.

1 comment:

Ambre' said...

We think Evan is going to be a vegetarian! He's no longer a meat fan and loves tofu!!

Don't worry about Julia, Evan cried a lot when he first started and he cries every day that I drop him off here in Memphis (although they tell me it's only for a few secods)! Melind is great and it she'll have a lot of fun with the other kids once she get acclimated.