Monday, June 23, 2008

Skydiving and Molly's La Casita

Friday afternoon when I got home from work, John happily announced that Julia could officially sit up. I had been considering taking her to the doctor because I really thought that she should be at least working towards sitting up with no help. Sure enough, without any previous indication that she might be ready to sit, there she was sitting up! She looks like a skydiver with her arms out keeping her balance! I thought if I started letting her wear her I heart NY outfit now that maybe her chances of loving the city half as much as I do will be better.

Saturday, John suggested that we head to Memphis for the day and visit "The Big One" flea market. Off were my plans to have a productive weekend of house cleaning, sewing, and two or three social obligations that I had. John is so good at helping me keep a balance of fun and work. For example, he forced me stop and watch a movie last night when I really had a ton of stuff that I needed to do since I had put it off while we had fun the day before! We watched "Bordertown" with Jennifer Lopez and we both thought it was about the most lame movie we had ever seen. On a positive note, the I devoured a book this weekend, "Eat, Pray, Love." Good stuff. I know it's good when I want to go home at lunch and read while eating my sandwich! This is Julia at Molly's La Casita, one of our favorite local restaurants in Memphis. John and I ate there a lot when we were dating and we always order the same thing....an appetizer called Mr. Bruce's nachos. A Shepherd Tradition! Julia is such a girl of leisure. She always props her foot on the table when we eat out. Julia was content eating her baby's head while John and I enjoyed.....
Mr Bruce's nachos! The menu says this is an appetizer that feeds two. It really is a meal that could feed four!

John and Julia at the entrance of Molly's.

No comments: