Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

As you can see, our Father's Day lunch was pretty much focused on Julia. This picture cracks me up because all eyes are on Julia! My Aunt Jane came to hang out with us and we all love having her around. After lunch and when Julia laid down for a nap, we all got to watch some home videos of Julia! Yippee! I love family because they are the only people on earth that would watch those AND they even acted like they enjoyed them!
"Mom, you PROMISED me that you would not be one of those Mom's who would make me wear a hairbow before they really served a purpose!"
A friend gave me a ton of hair bows....one in every color! I just had to break my promise to Julia and try one on her.... just to see what the future holds. I told her that we wouldn't put on another one until she had hair that needed to be pulled out of her face by a bow.

Happy Father's Day John! Julia and I are both so lucky to have you!

After a great afternoon with the family, Julia and I took John out to eat some Mexican food. We even took him to Baskin Robbins for some ice cream. When we got home, we watched Atonement. It was a great movie and definitely a good candidate for the Best Picture nomination that it deservingly won last year. It must have been good because I actually stayed awake until almost midnight to finish it! Unfortunately, I couldn't finish the last 20 pages in my book club book, "The Third Angel" because I was too tired! Wouldn't recommend the book, by the way. It has taken me a whole month to get through it!

No comments: