Monday, June 16, 2008

FarmFest 2008

This week was FarmFest week in Wynne. I have heard that small town festivals are dying and it makes me a little sad to think that FarmFest may be fading away. I remember looking forward to the festival when I was little....I couldn't wait to watch the pet show and participate in the bubble gum bubble blowing contest! I volunteered early Saturday morning at the 5K and handed out trophies. The winner ran the race in 17 minutes 43 seconds. We had over 100 runners and walkers from all over the state. After the race, I hosted a bridal shower for Sara Hess who was a good friend of mine in high school. She has lived in Dallas for a long time and is marrying a guy from El Dorado. I am so happy for her and it was fun to see some old friends again.
Then, Julia and I went to FarmFest to see John's band, Idol Americans, play. Julia was in a great mood and tolerated the heat very well. She let everyone pass her around and is doing SO much better about being out of her "environment" and in other people's arms. She is even smiling at random people when they talk to her! We all had fun walking around with Julia.....I never thought I would be so lucky to have my own baby to lug around!
Julia and I watching John play.
Sarah and happy Julia
John was asked to play with the Drifters....your remember, "Under the Boardwalk!" I forget sometimes what a talented musician John is. It amazes me that he has never met these guys before and can get up there and play with them. They sounded great and John got a huge kick out of it!

No comments: