Friday, June 13, 2008

The Simple Things In Life

"May I borrow that paper Daddy?"
"Thanks!"
Why do we spend money on toys when we have newspapers? I am thinking this is another way to recycle! Some thoughts for the week.....
1. Julia is grabbing EVERYTHING! Once she has it in her hands, it goes directly into her mouth. No sign of teeth yet, but I would guess it could happen any day now. She drools at least a gallon a day!
2. Julia spent a couple of half days this week at my parents house while John spent some extra time at school. I think she is getting better with letting them hold her, but she still prefers her own environment and is somewhat fussy when she is at their house. She just needs more practice at being out of the house.
3. She is eating well...solid foods at lunch and at dinner. She still likes fruit best! We mix everything in with her cereal which helps it all go down easier. She still has 4 bottles per day, but has cut down on the amount of milk she wants in her bottle because of the food that has been added to her diet.
4. Julia sleeps great! She goes to bed around 10 and wakes up around 8. This is pretty close to our preferred sleeping habits, so we are very lucky in that department!
5. Julia is so close to sitting up on her own. I think we will have it down soon!
6. I was named chairperson of the Endowment Foundation of Cross County this week. I am looking forward to doing the best that I can to grow our local community foundation.
7. FarmFest is this weekend so I will be spending some time volunteering at the 5K run tomorrow and John's band plays tomorrow evening.
8. Got to see Tara, Becca, Emmy and Sol today. They were getting ready for an estate sale tomorrow morning and were making good progress. I had to rescue one Bert and one Ernie Christmas ornament. They were labeled NJ on the bottom so I am assuming they were Neall's at some point. I decided that they will be Miss Teri's gift to Julia and we will treasure them!

No comments: