Thursday, June 5, 2008

Big Girls, I Mean, Older Girls Night Out

I had my first girls night out Monday night since Julia was born....other than the monthly, local book club. Sex and the City was calling my name and we had to make a trip to Peabody Place in Memphis to catch the 5:15 movie. Then we ate sushi at Blue Fin...yum! The movie was THE BEST....we all laughed and cried through the entire movie.

I could not quite shake feeling guilty about leaving Julia when I did not absolutely have to. There are times when there is no choice but to leave her, like when I have work stuff that I can't get out of. Sarah kept Julia while John was at school. I called after the movie to check in with them, and all I could hear was Julia screaming in the background. I am learning that it is best not to call! I know I need to get a grip and figure out that she will be okay without mel. I think the real question is.....will I be okay without her? I have to admit, it was nice to get to spend some time with the girls. I also have to admit that I woke Julia up when I got home and held her for about 10 minutes. It was okay, because she went right back to sleep. I was so happy to see that girl when I got home!

Thanks, my friends, for a great time!

No comments: