Friday, June 27, 2008

Julia's First Art Project

Julia got to spend about 4 hours at her grandparent's house yesterday because it was John's last day of Algebra and he needed some extra time to finish. He finished with a B, by the way! She did her first art project with JiJi and made John a t-shirt. He really liked it and I imagine that I will have to tell him to go and change when he tries to wear it somewhere fancy. Julia seemed happy to be with her grandparents and I really appreciate their help this week! When John got home last night, he said probably 10 times how much he missed his baby girl. I was thinking.....yesterday was the first day since Julia was born that he has had to depend on someone else to keep her for any more than 1 or 2 hours during the day! He can be so sappy sometimes, but I think it is really cute.
Speaking of child care decisions, John is taking 1 day class next summer term (starts next Tuesday) from 12-2:00 pm. The class will be from Monday through Thursday for 5 weeks. We have struggled and struggled with making a decision about what to do with Julia during that time. That is her nap time so we really didn't want to have to wake her up and take her somewhere. We finally decided to hire Sarah, even though I don't think that hiring family members is the absolute best decision. But, she loves Julia so I guess that is all that matters. The fall semester will present another challenge..... Classes from 8-11 every Tuesday and Thursday. We have some time to think about this one so hopefully we can come up with something that makes us all happy.
I would pay somebody to LET me keep Julia. She is such a JOY and we could not adore her anymore that we already do!
Julia's art project

1 comment:

jane bonady watson said...

If Julian were in my art class, she would get an A+. I see talent there already!

x0x0x
aunt jane