Friday, June 6, 2008

Expanding Horizons....

Julia has been doing much better with her eating since the first carrot experience. She literally gagged when she ate the first few bites of carrots, but I have read that this is normal. Since then, I have been mixing her foods with her rice cereal and she likes them much better. So far, she has tried carrots, green beans, bananas and pears. Pears are definitely her favorite.

Julia also got to stay at her Jee Jee and Grandpa's house yesterday afternoon for a couple of hours while John went to do some school work at EACC. I think it was a good experience for all. Last night, I had to go to a work years of service banquet at Kelley's. There is one employee at the hospital, the Director of Housekeeping Services, who has worked at CrossRidge for 40 years. She said that should could not wait to come to work every morning and her goal was to work for 30 more years. WOW.....she was such an inspiration. I do feel very lucky to have my job and to work at a great place. Speaking of loving my job.....a hospital city sales tax renewal special election will be held next Tuesday. We need the support of this tax to cover the hospital's bad debt. So, if you are a Cross County voter, please vote Tuesday! Oh yeah, and vote YES!

No comments: