Monday, June 9, 2008

BitterSweet Surrender

Saturday morning, Julia had her pictures made with Theresa Lee who is a photographer originally from Wynne. She does some amazing stuff, so I am anxiously awaiting the viewing of our "gallery." Her website is theresaleephotography.com, and she says they should be ready in a couple of weeks.


Saturday night, Jessica, Kristen, Margaret, and I hosted a going away dinner party for Shawnie and Lance. You would have thought that Martha Stewart was in the house after seeing the party setup. Fresh flowers, mint tea, shrimp linguine, and the whole works. It was delicious and so much fun to hang out with everybody. It is starting to set in with me that Shawnie is really leaving and every time I see her, I always say, "So I will see you again, won't I." I think it is just so I can avoid saying goodbye. I will miss her, but am very happy for her career move in the upward direction!



The girl of the night

Having some strawberry shortcake.

Sarah babysat Julia while we were at Jessica's Saturday night. I called twice and both times Julia was screaming a blood curdling cry. Sarah wasn't sure how long the crying had been going on. John and I took separate vehicles and I finally sent him home after the second screaming call. When he got home, she was asleep in her bed downstairs. He told me that he had to wake her up and rock her for a while and put her back where she belonged.....in her bed upstairs with us! Ha.

Thought I would throw this one in too. Julia loves to help me sew. The needle moving up and down is quite intriguing. It is an accident waiting to happen, so I know she won't be able to sit on my lap and help forever. I have been working on some board mounted, box pleat valances for a friend. I almost always have some baby gifts to construct....people love the monogrammed burp pads. Sewing takes much longer than it ever did before with her around! The extra sewing money is going into Julia's college fund which is a worthwhile cause for the sewing hours!

No comments: