Monday, June 2, 2008

I HATE carrots, but I LOVE skinnydippin!

Julia went to see Dr. Beth Friday for her 6 month appointment. She weighed 15 pounds and 2 ounces and was 28 inches long. When she charted her height and weight, Julia was off the chart for height! Her weight is still in the 50th percentile which is normal. Her head measured 41 cm. which is very small. Unfortunately, they can't measure the size of her brain. I am sure that it is abnormally large. :)

Dr. Beth gave us the go ahead to start eating some real food. I decided to stop at the grocery store on the way home to buy some fresh carrots, green beans, and bananas so that Julia could have all fresh foods. I cooked it when I got home and blended it up. We were so excited to feed Julia some carrots and John had the video camera rolling. Here is how it went:

"Mom, I am really not so sure about this. My daddy doesn't like cooked carrots, so it might be genetic that I don't like them either. But, I will try them."

"I just don't think so."

"OK, it's all over. I HATE carrots!"

"However, I love skinny dippin in the hot tub!"

"And I definitely love taking a nap in my Mom and Dad's bed!"

I still can't resist those little feet!

1 comment:

jane bonady watson said...

OK that had to be the FUNNIEST post you have ever posted!!!!
Good job, JOY...

I will be coming to see Juila for sure when I return from The Hamptons!