Thursday, June 19, 2008

A Busy Week

Julia got to meet her great Uncle Mel this week. He is my Mom's younger brother who lives in Mt. Ida. He is retired from the bank and drives a BMW motorcycle all over the country. His goal is to visit every state in the US and I think he is about 3 states away from accomplishing his goal. Listening to him talk was pretty inspiring....I would LOVE to see the countryside this way!

Julia and I have gotten to go for 2 walks this week because the temperature and humidity was much more bearable than it has been lately. She loves the walk for about 2 miles, and then starts crying the last half mile. I should take a hint since she has followed this pattern ever since we started strolling. I am thinking about buying a tread mill soon so that I can be more than a fair weather walker. Walking has been the best cure that I know of to help keep my blood sugars under control and to help manage stress. That is reason enough to make the purchase! Last night was Shawnie's going away reception at the Chamber. It was well attended and a little on the emotional side. My entire family was at the Tech Center at 3 different events at the same time yesterday. John was in algebra class, I was at Shawnie's reception at the Chamber office, and Mom and Dad were at a bank sponsored cook out. Pretty amazing that the building that houses all of this was once a K-Mart! I brought Julia with me and we all took turns strolling her around the building. She got ready for her nap and let everybody in the entire building know about it. John said he was sitting in class and one of his classmates said, "Somebody needs to do something about that crying baby." John said he took that as his cue to get to Julia and help!
Every night before bed, we all get in our bed and play, sing, and John plays his acoustic guitar. He played us a part of a song that he is in the process of writing last night. The only lyrics that he has written so far are, "Julia." I am hoping that he will finish his song and eventually record it so she will always have it. I savor our bed time because it is rare that we all three are together. Julia is always is a good mood and is hamming it up. I think it's her favorite time of the day too.

No comments: