Thursday, May 1, 2008

The Sweetest Sound and Rolling Over....

John told me that Julia rolled from her tummy to her back and then back again Tuesday while they were at home playing. I had to see it for myself and so yesterday, I put her on her tummy and she, very methodically, put her leg out for some leverage and rolled over. It was a very smooth manuever and she seemed to know exactly what she was doing. I didn't see her roll from her back to her tummy, so I will have to take John's word for it for now. It's funny how there are all of these milestones and I have felt so much pressure to make sure that Julia is where she is "supposed" to be. She is right on time with this new trick! Of course when we pulled out the video camera to capture this magical moment again on camera, she threw a huge hissy fit, screamed her little lungs out, and refused to perform!
My new favorite are the sounds that she is making. She sings while she is in her carseat and there is not a sweeter sound!
Yesterday, John had to go register for his summer classes. He is taking 2 classes each 5 week summer term and will have a full load. This is his last week of classes and final week is next week. I never though my husband would be finishing his first semester of college. It has been great for all of us, but Julia gets the best part! She gets to stay at home with her Dad all day. The second summer term, he is going to have to take one day class that will last 2 hours 4 days a week. We will have to get creative and start thinking about what to do with Julia for these few hours. I knew he would eventually have to take some day classes and I am not looking forward to it. Hopefully, we can work out something that will make us all happy.

No comments: