Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A Turning Point

Julia has been improving by leaps and bounds lately on her social skills. She has let my mom lay her down for a nap TWICE now! She is doing much better about not bursting into tears when other people hold her and talk to her. I am hoping this was just a phase! This week will be the ultimate test with John's brother and his wife coming to stay with us. John and I have been busy cleaning and getting the house ready for company. I always vow never to get to the point where I have to spend so much time prepping for company. It feels so good to have a clean house and organized closets.
Julia has been busy rolling over and getting very frustrated about being stuck on her tummy. She wants to sit up and she even tries to sit while taking her bottle. She looks pretty funny sitting up with her head straight back looking at the ceiling with a bottle in her mouth! My favorite time is when she wakes up in the mornings...around 7:30 these days. She sings and makes "tarzanish" sounds while laying in her bed. She very patiently stays in her bed after her nights sleep and her naps until someone comes to get her. I don't think she has ever cried while waiting on us to get her. Another reason for us to keep her in our room in her pack n play. How would we ever hear her and know she was awake and ready to get up?????

No comments: