Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A Sweet First Mother's Day

Sunday was such a sweet day at my house! I woke up smiling. We took it easy, went for a stroll, and went to visit my Mom. I brought her a plant that will come back every year as a reminder of her first year as a grandmother. John and I had frosted mini wheats for lunch. He made up for it when he cooked my favorite meal on the grill which was salmon, veges, and a sweet potato. Yum! I try not to disgust any of my readers with mushy, husband details, but this one was worthy. Sunday night, I gave John a hug and told him thank you for my delicious dinner and since I never said it before, thanked him for my baby. His response was, "No, thank YOU. I never imagined how sweet she could be." This is coming from the same man who was adamantly against having a baby since the day that I met him. I am so glad that he changed his mind. He adores his baby girl and she brings us both so much JOY!

Shawnie sent the sweetest card to help me celebrate my First Mother's Day and Sarah gave me one too. Tara sent me the cutest mothers day card with Emmy's picture on it. I wish I could be half as thoughtful as they are! A lot of my friends and family sent well wishes for a happy mothers day. It was a very happy day for me and one that I will not soon forget.
I think it might be time to take down the pink ribbon that has been by my door since the day we came home with Julia. It is getting a little bit dusty!


This is the wind up sushi that Emmy Ruth (Tara) sent to Julia. Tara and I have joking for a long time about our daughters being the youngest to ever eat sushi. We both want to make sure that they love it early so that we will always have an excuse to get together and eat sushi.

No comments: