Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A New Ride

John got a new to him ride today. We bought a 99 Blazer with about 97,000 miles on it. It was a Colony Shop vehicle and was used to travel from store to store until they recently went out of business. John bought his current truck new in 1993 and it has about 230,000 miles on it. It still drives really good, but it was beginning to fall apart. It's funny that he still doesn't want to get rid of it so we will probably just keep it. I think it is worth around $400.00...ha! We try to do like Dave Ramsey advises on money matters and pay for things with cash. We were able to do this and lets just hope it lasts at least a couple of years. Knowing John, he will probably still be driving it when Julia is 10!
Julia and I went for a good walk again today and ran into Kristen and Dana on the way. They walked with us and are seeing first hand Julia's strolling habits. She likes the first mile and a half and gets really cranky during the last mile. I have theorized that it is because the sun is hitting her in the face during the last mile, but today it was cloudy and she still cried at the same spot. Yesterday and today, Kristen picked her up and carried her for the last mile or so. She seems happy and content to be carried....who wouldn't? I wouldn't mind being carried myself by that point! I have had to carry her by myself which is quite the bicep and cardio workout while pushing the stroller too! Anyway, just another Julia quirk.
This sounds really silly, but she is learning to play too. We play a game where I lay beside her where we are facing eachother and she puts her hand close to my mouth. I make a noise and act like I am gobbling her hand. She smiles and laughs EVERY time. I make her put her hand in the same spot before I respond, so she is learning to do things over and over again to get a laugh. I am amazed at how absolutely brilliant she is. I am also amazed at how many times I will do something silly just to see that sweet little smile. I must have done that trick about 100 times today!

1 comment:

Kaye Butler said...

Joy,

I saw your mom yesterday when I voted. She sure is a proud Grandma. Love the blog!

Kaye