Friday, May 9, 2008

A Weird Week...


This picture is one of John's masterpieces.....it is really beautiful out here in the country when everything is so green!


Yep, pictures! I got my camera back Wednesday after the guy that we thought may have had something to do with the reason that it was missing, showed up on my doorstep and handed it back. He picked up the wrong one and his nephew deleted all my pictures. He has been out of town for a while which is why it took exactly one week for him to return it. I will leave the rest to your imagination! I was so happy to have it back and couldn't believe my luck! John and I went to celebrate at Colby's after Mrs. Pat gave me a Colby's gift card this week for doing the Woodruff Electric health screenings. I always enjoy spending time with her and the very nice people at Woodruff.

John finished his first semester of college this week. He was almost like a kid when he finished his last final! We are anxiously awaiting grades that will be posted next week.

We are trying out alltell's internet service at home since Hughes Net has caused us such a headache. We have been without internet for a week at home, and it is time that we do something! Of course, as soon as we get Alltell hooked up, the phone ring and the Hughes Net service men are coming over to fix that internet service. Guess we will compare the two and decide from there. John needs it for his Computer Fundamentals internet class for Summer I.

We test drove a 1999 blazer today for John to drive. It would be like new for him....only 97,000 miles! His truck is a 1993 Nissan with 230,000 miles on it. He insists that he really likes his truck and doesn't need anything new. He is kind of going back and forth about this Blazer. I think we should buy it, but I am going to let him make the final decision. He is stuck at home with Julia all day unless we swap vehicles. His truck is not safe for her car seat because there is only a front seat, so we haven't put one in there yet. It would be nice for them to be able to go places during the day.....like maybe the grocery store! HA!

My parents and Sarah came over Thursday night to visit Julia. She is still having trouble sharing her environment with others. She cried alot while they were here, but one second later, she can turn around and throw out a huge smile. She is an interesting case! We did get to go on a stroll yesterday afternoon too. I was not quite ready to give them up, so I decided to try again. She did great......and I guess that was because she slept the whole way!

This girl loves her bed! She gets fussy at night while I am giving her a nighttime bottle and when I lay her down, she smiles really big! She rolls over on her side, puts her two fingers in her mouth and pretty much goes right to sleep.

This is Julia at Colby's sucking on her shoe. I told her not to do this in public, but she insists. She would be much happier if we would just take off her shoe and let her get to her toes. We try to save those picturesque moments for the privacy of our own home.John went to Wal Mart and was supposed to be buying dog food. Instead, he came home with a teething ring and another stuffed teething toy. Julia likes to hold the ring but hasn't quite figured it out just yet. Everyday, John exposed Julia to some type of music that he plays or listens to with her. This week, she got to spend a lot of time listening to him play his mandolin. I hope that she gets his love for music and his talents. If not, it won't be because she wasn't exposed!

No comments: