Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Poor Granny.....

After looking forward to our stroll all day, Julia and I ventured out yesterday afternoon for a long leisurely walk. She started crying about 2 minutes into it, and didn't stop until we finished, even after I cut it short. I even had to stop at the park and hold her for a few minutes to calm her down! Everyone that we pass that is outside just looks at us with pity. I decided that I was either going to call off the strolls or wait until later and let her try to get a nap in. Those kind of walks aren't good for either of our mental health statuses!
After our walk, John and I had to come to my office to take his macroeconomics final exam because our internet is out at home. It was a two hour test and we had 45 seconds to spare when we finished! I say we because I help him all that I can. We think we aced it and are so proud! He says that macro has been one of those classes that has caused him to be in a constant state of panic all semester! I remember those days and remember how good it feels to be finished with a class like that. My Mom came to our house and kept Julia while we were testing. Usually, Mom sugarcoats the report that she gives and says that Julia was fine, but she didn't sugarcoat last night too much. Julia obviously cried a lot and refused to take her bottle both times Mom tried to feed her. We think she is happier in her own home, but it proved not to help much last night! Of course, when we got home, I picked her up and she laid her head on my shoulder and grinned at mom. She is such the Momma and Daddy's girl! We have to help her get out of this because noone wants to be around a crying baby....no matter how cute they are!
Worrys me, but I guess she is just expressing herself the way that she knows how. In the meantime though......poor Granny!

No comments: