Thursday, February 7, 2008

My "Go" Baby

Julia went on her first overnight trip this week. Mom, Julia and I went to the Chamber Board training session in Little Rock and stayed downtown. Julia did great and LOVED her stroller. I should be ashamed for not putting her in it until now and pushing her around. The terrible weather was rolling through Arkansas the night that we were there. I had to go to a banquet on the 30th floor of a building a couple of blocks from our hotel and the room was surrounded in glass! Not exactly the safest place in the world, but thankfully they let us out early. I raced back to the hotel and we stayed on the ground floor for about an hour while the weather passed. I was so thankful to have Julia with me! I would have been worried sick if we were apart. Julia got to spend some quality time with her Granny Jean and I think they had a good time.....except when Julia missed her own bed during the night!
Shawnie and Keeli were both at the conference and I was not exactly a ball of fun to hang out with. I would run back to the room during every break to see Julia. It's funny how things change. Julia became the center of my universe!
Tonight, I took Julia to the Business After Hours at Handy Mini Storage that the Chamber sponsors. I think she and I were among the youngest there and Julia pretty much slept through it. I love to take her with me, my sweet "go" baby.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh, Joy, I was wondering where you were during that terrible storm! The three of you really had an adventure. Love the photo of sweet Julia's toes. Too precious!!! Love, Aunt Amy