Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Hairlines, book clubs, etc.

Julia got to eat dinner last night at Colby's with the Book club girls. I haven't been reading near as much as I did before Julia, but I am going to try my best to read the book club book every month. This month's book is "The Senator's Wife" by Sue Miller and I am anxious to get into it.

John and Julia have been working on vowel sounds. John swears that Julia will imitate his mouth movements when he is making sounds. I guess that is one of the sad parts of one parent working.....the one at home gets to see all the fun stuff and I miss out sometimes. At least it's not a stranger getting to see it! It is so sweet to see the two of them bonding. John adores her and I think she thinks that he is pretty cool too. She doesn't seem to have to have a reason to smile at him. All he has to do is talk to her and he gets a smile. I, on the other hand, have to make obnoxious noises which I do all the time now. I am glad there is not a recorder in this house.

This is my last week of working 2 and half days a week and I am trying really hard not to go into a deep mourning. It has been great to work part time on a really flexible schedule. It has made breastfeeding much easier too. We have made it 3 months now, and that was my goal with breastfeeding from the start. If I make it until Friday, I will have surpassed my goal. My sweet baby girl will be a quarter of a year old this Thursday!

Lots of people are calling me about sewing projects lately and I am happy to do it in my spare time. We had a landscaping guy come by today to draw us up a master plan. I have a feeling that the extra sewing money will be much needed when we start the work. We haven't seen what he is proposing yet, but I know it will be a massive project with a new driveway and the whole works.

I love Julia's hairline in the back!

Julia always ends up slumping in her swing and falling asleep.

No comments: