Saturday, February 9, 2008

A Big Day and a Big Night

Today, Julia got to go to her first birthday party! Emmy Ruth turned 1 and Tara went all out on her Emmy party! It was an incredibly festive time, with red carpet and lots of stars! Emmy was in such good spirits and she smiled and clapped while opening gifts. I think her favorite was a baby doll that she got, so I am making mental notes. Julia had a blast hanging out with Sol and making some new friends. And, oh yeah, sleeping through most of the fun!


When I got to the party in Memphis, I headed back to the car to get Julia's pacie and the camera and realized that I had left her entire diaper bag at home. So, that is why there are no pictures of all the fun! I cannot believe I got all the way there without one diaper. Sol loaned Julia his pacie since his Mom and Dad always have a surplus and can remember to get out of their door with the very important things! Aunt Jane saved the day too by going to Kroger to get diapers and wipes so we wouldn't have to get out of the car. I am so grateful!


Then, we went to Aunt Jane's to feed Julia and to get some down time after the birthday party. Aunt Jane tells me how beautiful and perfect Julia is and even though we already know it, it is nice to hear it from someone else.


Julia and I went to one store and had plans to go to some more places. However, after unloading and loading the stroller, we decided that one store was plenty. Julia has been really good for my shopping habit!


Tonight, John and I got a night out and we went to the Arts Council Valentine gala. We had a great steak dinner and saw lots of friends. Sarah stayed with Julia (this babysitting business is getting really expensive!) and they, once again, did fine. Even though we had a good time, John and I realized pretty quickly that we were ready to go home to our little star! When I told Kristen that we were leaving, she told me that I was turning into a geek. She forgot that I have always been a geek and now I am just a geek with a new focus. Before Julia, we would have stayed at the Gala until the end. It's funny how nothing else in the world matters near as much as her!




I love this pink dress that Julia's cousin Anna knitted for her! She looks so pretty in it!



Julia won the Best Supporting Actress emmy at Emmy's birthday party today.

3 comments:

jane bonady watson said...

This is the cutest post. I love the Oscar that Julia received. She IS so beautiful!!!!

x0x0x
aunt jane

Pat said...

Thanks to you young parents for keeping us up-to-date with the little ones - dual purpose blog! Love reading about Julia, Emmy, Solomon, Lucas... So funny about the bag!

Anna said...

Yay! I'm happy Julia looks sooo beautiful in her dress! It was a joy to make it for her. Can't wait to meet the little one and to see you two as well!