Monday, April 14, 2008

Small mishaps....

Happy Birthday Evan! Julia had a great time at Evan's first birthday party Sunday afternoon. Evan's mom, Ambre' really knows how to throw a party. I was doing some internet research earlier Sunday morning to determine what we can do to cure Julia's "stranger anxiety." The day before, Shawnie and I went to visit a friend, Pat, and Julia cried when both of them held her. We did a study to determine if it was truly stranger anxiety or just a fluke by handing her back to me and seeing if she would stop crying. She stopped as soon as I held her again. The research says that all babies have different temperments and that it was usually a phase that would pass. I think it had passed by Sunday because at the party, she let everybody hold her and pass her around. She even smiled at my Mom when she came to visit Sunday afternoon. This was Julia's first time to meet Parker, who was born one week after her. He is the one next to her and next to him is Sol. The three of them will be classmates one day!
Today, we went to Kim Murphy's to have Julia's picture made. Kim told me to stay on one side of her to keep her from falling and to have John beside the camera to make Julia smile. Of course, this worked great and John kept her smiling. All is has to say is BOO and she breaks out into a big grin. All was great until we put her on her tummy, which she does not like at all. She kicked and fell face forward from a stool into a very soft rug. It was awful. It all happened so fast that I couldn't get to her in time. She cried for about one minute and then started smiling for John again. I was horrified and I think I shook for about 2 hours after the deal happened. When I told this story at work, everyone had a story about when their baby fell. I guess everything is okay and even though we debated taking her to the Emergency room, we decided against it. Hopefully, this will be my one and only falling story to tell.
My friend Shawnie announced today that she and her husband are moving to Arkadelphia. She was offered a great job that she couldn't refuse. I am very sad to hear the news, but am happy for her and know that she will do great there. But, she will definitely be missed here! My cousin Leslie and her husband Richard live in Arkadelphia, so now we will have double the reason to visit.

No comments: