Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Making Noise..........

It was Easter again at our house when Emmy Ruth's mom left Julia an Easter basket. I love the little ruffle bottom tights and the cute card that was in the basket. Tara is too much! I am missing her little Emmy, so we will have to visit soon. I was expecting some good chocolate in the eggs. I laughed when I opened one and little Cheerios fell out!
Julia is learning that she has a voice that will do other things than cry. She lays in bed in the mornings after I feed her and talks and sings. It is really cute and a great start to the day.
Friday, I went to Little Rock to the Susan G. Komen for the Cure grants luncheon. Our hospital has gotten a grant from them for the past three years. It is always an inspiration to see women who have survived breast cancer and makes me really want to work hard to fulfill the mission of Komen here in Cross County. Our weekend was relatively quiet, other than the 2 band practices that happened in our basement! Julia can sleep right through it.
Yesterday, Kristen, Julia and I went for a stroll after a couple of weeks of rainy and cold days. The weather was perfect and it felt great to get out again. Shawnie came over last night and I had my first glass of wine since I found out I was pregnant....over a year ago! We sat out on the screened in porch and philosophized about life. We didn't really come up with any answers, but it made for some interesting conversation.


1 comment:

jane bonady watson said...

Look at that pretty baby girl!!! She is so happy and beautiful! What a sweet and precious face. Pretty in pink.

x0x0x
Auntie Jane the Great