Monday, April 21, 2008

Figuring Things Out as We Go....

Julia and I went to a baby shower for a friend of mine that I work with Sunday. She cried anytime someone got in her face and talked to her. She cried even louder when two different people tried to hold her. Everyone says she will get over this eventually and I hope they are right. For now, I am trying to expose her to different people and places so she can get used to it. One thing that I have learned about Julia is that when she is crying really hard and other people are around, the best thing to do with her is to put her down in her seat or lay her down in another room where noone else is. Its funny, but it always seems to work. John and I are guessing what it is that causes this response from her. I think that she gets overstimulated and wants some quiet time. He thinks that she is very sensitive to smells. If only we could ask her......
I forced John to go on a stroll around the neighborhood with us yesterday. It will probably be the first and last time. He walked so SLOW! We went around the first block, and he said he had had about enough and was ready to go back to the car! He blamed it on his weedeating that he did earlier. Our normal walk is fast pace and is 2.2 miles up 2 big hills. Needless to say, I didn't get my exercise. And to top off the walk, John wanted to stop at Sonic on the way home and have a chocolate creme pie shake. Must be nice to be so skinny and not have to worry about exercising or eating an extra 300 calories. I just hope that Julia gets his metabolism.
Today is our appointment at LeBonheur. I really feel like everything will be okay and the news will be good.

No comments: