Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Our Family Conversations

John left home last night to run a couple of errands. After he was gone for about thirty minutes, he called home and said, "What's Julia doing? Can you put the phone up to her ear so that she can hear me? What did she do when she heard me? Put it to her ear again and let me talk to her."
Then when he got home, the conversation goes something like this:

John: "I never thought it would be this way."
Joy: "What way?" (Even though I knew where this was going, it's just fun to hear him say it.)
John: "When I leave the house, I just want to rush right back so I don't miss anything."
Joy: "I know.....imagine how I must feel having to be gone ALL day."
John: "I really can't imagine."
Joy: "It's funny how things have changed so drastically around here. A friend of mine explained it really well when he said, 'When you have children, nothing else matters. It's like the whole mafia theme....FAMILY FIRST and nothing else.' You just really begin to focus all of your energy inward.
John: "I agree. But don't I matter too?"
Joy: "Yes, honey. You, me and Julia.....that's it."

No comments: