Sunday, July 20, 2008

Animal Tails, I mean Tales

Mom and Dad's "Supper Club" came by to visit Friday night. Of course, Julia is the star of the show and everyone sat around and watched her eat a cracker. Someone asked, "Do you wonder what she is thinking about all of us watching her?" My reply was, "Have you ever been to the zoo?" (Animal Tale #1) I think that must be how she feels!

This picture was taken immediately before the wasp swarm that happened on my deck. They attacked and successfully stung my Mom and Sarah. My Mom's ankle was severely swollen the next day. So, John's project for the rest of the weekend was to kill the wasp's nest that was under mine and Julia's favorite Adirondack chair. I can't tell you how many times we have sat in that chair and were never stung! (Animal Tale #2)

John, Julia and I had a blast at a backyard party for Neall, Jon David King, and Justin Patton's 30th birthdays. These people know how to throw a party! It was complete with band, lots of tents set up in the backyard, a few bottles of Snow Creek Berry, great crowd of fun people, and this delicious food that I had to capture on film (See below for animal tales #3 and 4). Everyone brought their kids from 5-7 and then we took Julia to my parent's house for a couple of hours while we attended the adult portion of the party. Julia did okay right up until the bitter end, about 10 minutes before we picked her up. When we walked in she was crying uncontrollably and hung on to me for dear life. I think we need to leave her more often so that she can get used to being somewhere else around bedtime. Thanks parents, for letting her hang out there!

Crawfish feast!

Yep, look closer........that is a pig's head!

Sweet Emmy at her Uncle Neall's birthday party!

Julia loving the little swing set that was in their back yard. For the third or fourth time in her life, Julia wore some shoes. They didn't last long though....I had taken them off after only a few minutes. Shoes just don't look right on her.

Animal tale #5 happened when we pulled up in the driveway after the party. The dogs were barking like mad because there were 6 or 7 cows parked in the front yard. Some were sitting and some were standing....just hanging out.

Sunday, Julia and I hung around the house and she helped me with the laundry. Shawnie came by to visit and we enjoyed a good quiet day at the house.

The last animal tale of the weekend happened when John was outside fixing my flat tire. He ran inside for a minute to grab something and came back to find this.......

Sue sitting in the driver's seat.

1 comment:

jane bonady watson said...

That was a great episode...sue was hilarious.

x0x0x0
aunt jane