Sunday, July 27, 2008

Julia's Weekend

We had a good, quiet weekend. There is one common theme to all of the pictures posted below....Julia never got dressed!
Last night, Julia officially crawled! She has been so close for a long time, but it the was the bright colors on the Pampers box that finally lured her. It took about 5 minutes and lot of cheering to get her to go 3 feet, but she definitely did it! Because crawling is such an exhausting process, she would lay flat on her belly and suck her fingers to "rest up" between every step. She has also managed to get from her belly to the sitting up position. John thinks he will be very busy this week installing lots of wooden gates around the house!

This is what she looks like after a meal. She has a lot of fun fingerpainting with the food on her highchair tray and all over her face and body. I let her do it for a while because I think she is just being creative and learning.


Julia's Grandparents came to visit two days in a row this weekend. Her little personality is quite addictive and I think people just plain and simple.....can't get enough! She is fascinated with our dogs and thank goodness, they let her be!

Julia reaches for everything so that she can put it in her mouth. This is just an example.


I finished some sewing projects this weekend that I needed to catch up on. This is a baby bag for Dr. Beth's new baby, Katie. I donated a promise to make a custom made bag to the Arts Council this year and she won it. She wanted to wait and see what she was having so that we could monogram it and she could pick out some fabric. I think it turned out great. So cute, in fact, that I made Julia one exactly like. A girl can never have too many monogrammed bags!

Some burp pads for a friend to give as gifts. One of the gifts she ordered was for Dr. Beth so I made her a burp pad to match her bag.


This is a towel wrap that someone ordered. I also spent a lot of time doing some custom drapes, but a picture won't do them justice. I will have to wait and take one when they are installed.

1 comment:

Anna said...

She has such beautiful eyes! Brian and I saw th heartbeat today...we are approx. 10 weeks. One little one in there...not twins!!