Wednesday, July 30, 2008

8 Months Old!

Julia turned 8 months old yesterday! We have had a busy week so far. Monday night was book club and for the third time since the history of book club (3 1/2 years ago), I did not read the book. It was "Dinosaurs on the Roof," and was recommended in Oprah's magazine. It was hard to find and I just didn't make the effort to get my hands on it. I felt bad, but those who read it didn't seem to think much of it. We had a good time chatting about books in general though and I always enjoy the company that book club allows. Julia stayed with her grandparents which worked out good for everybody. I vow to do better this month and read, "Loving Frank" which is this month's pick.


Last night, Julia and I went to Jessica's house to bid her farewell. Yes, she is moving! I am losing count of all of my friends who are leaving Wynne. She landed an Assistant Principal's job at a school close to Fayetteville and is moving there with her two kids. Some other girls came over to help her pack and hang out and eat pizza. I am seeing a lot of Boone's Farm these days at different outings....is it making a comeback? They say it is the perfect summer drink....fruity and cheap???!!


Julia is so much fun these days. Today, she crawled 7 feet in about 3 minutes! My favorite part of the day is to come home from work. John says she can hear me open the door and hears my shoes on the hard wood. She smiles and screams so big when she sees me. Today, she even started crawling towards me. Is there anything in life better than that?
Jessica having some Boone's Farm to celebrate her move
This picture is a good illustration of how orange Julia's nose is these days AND visual proof that she does get dressed every now and then. I am reading that the orange nose is a result of all of the carrots that she has been eating.

Julia's hair is growing a lot lately. I love the perfect crown on the top of her head and thought I would capture it in a picture before her hair grows to hide it.

No comments: