Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The First Baby to Ever Learn to Clap

Why is it so great when your own child learns a skill that every other child in the world has learned? Julia learned to clap this week and I am utterly amazed. She does it at appropriate times, too. When I say, "Yay, Julia," and clap, she follows suit. Here she is clapping with Aunt Jane who came to visit yesterday. She also started going from her tummy to the sitting up position. She is making great progress these days and I almost want her to slow down. She is growing up so fast! Everyday is still more fun that the last.

Julia loves to get on her hands and knees and rock back and forth. She only does this on the bed...I guess because she feels safer there. I think we are only hours away from crawling!

Sarah is babysitting Julia Monday through Thursday from 11:30-2 while John is at class. This is working out really well and Julia seems to be happy to see her.

No comments: