Monday, March 3, 2008

Nail Hell


Those fingernails!!!! Julia has 3 scratches on her face, all from nails. She tries really hard to suck her fist, fingers, or thumb and she scratches her face in the process. For the first time, Julia has been waking up around 4 am for a feeding without me setting my alarm to wake her up first. It works out pretty good because I wake up to feed her and then go back to sleep for about 2 hours before it is time for me to wake up for work. She goes right back to sleep and wakes up again between 8 and 9 for the day. Great hours, if you ask me!
I made it through my first full week back at work last week. It made me really appreicate being at home with Julia for 2 whole days on Saturday and Sunday. We didn't do much except lay around which was really nice. Mom and Dad came over for a visit Saturday. Dad fell asleep holding Julia in the rocking chair that made a great photo opp. Julia is starting to repeat vowel sounds and mimic mouth movements. I think we must have said a-e-i-o-u at least a million times this weekend. She is starting to look at the pictures of the books that I am reading to her and I am sure that she pays very close attention to the storyline as well. I was thinking of all the names that we have for her and thought I would list some of my favorites:

Little Miss Missy

Baby Doll Baby

Sugar Bear

Sweetheart/Sweetpea

Julia-bug

Julia Petulia

1 comment:

jane bonady watson said...

Yes, you gotta keep those nails short.

I love all the names for little Julia...Julia Petulia...I really like that one.

Sorry Robin and I didn't come over. We are preparing my house for the move. We made 3 trips to Goodwill and the car was packed each time.

I found something for Julia!!!

Love, Aunt Jane