Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Easter thoughts.....

Julia and I had her picture made with the Easter bunny this weekend. She didn't seem to mind sitting on his/her lap, but I know she will someday! We have been strolling often and she loves every minute of it. Most of the time, she will take the opportunity to take a quick nap. Strolling is a win/win situation because its also good for my mental health. Usually, I get to see friends along the way and catch up on all of Wynne's most juicy gossip. We also had lunch Saturday with my friend Susanne who I used to work with. She has moved from Forrest City to Little Rock and has a great job. It was so good to see her....I miss her!
I am working on some curtain panels for my latest sewing project. I am making 14 panels! Sewing takes a lot more time with Julia around and I have to do it in spurts. I have 4 panels down and only 10 to go.
Book club was Monday night and we had a good discussion about The Senator's wife. This month we are reading Alice Sebold's new book, The Almost Moon. I have read Lovely Bones and Lucky by her in the past. John and I also watched, or tried to watch, this year's Best Picture, No Country for Old Men. It was terrible to me and I couldn't believe it won Best Picture. Too gory for me...I didn't even finish the entire movie!
Tomorrow is a bake sale at work. I am going to bake some Easter cupcakes tonight. Julia likes to sit in her seat on top of the bar while I am in the kitchen. It vibrates and sings what John calls funeral music, but she seems to be entertained by it. She is getting to be so much fun lately. She actually slept through the night last night. From 10 until I woke her at 6:30. She didn't have a good nap yesterday, so that might have been why. It was really nice not to have to wake up at 4 to feed her! I even slept through the storms last night.

No comments: