Monday, March 31, 2008

4 months old!

This picture of Julia taken on her 4 month birthday cracks me up! Her blue eyes are so wide. We still are not exactly sure who she looks like???

Wow....Julia was 4 months old this Saturday. We celebrated her birthday in a big way by not leaving the house all day long. It was so nice. Mom came over Friday night and entertained Julia while I sewed for a little while. I think it was among the first time that Julia had been around Mom when she wasn't crying. She was very sweet and fun and I am glad Mom got to see her that way. John went to a wedding in Marion Friday night, so it was just the girls at home. We miss him when he is gone and are so happy to see him when he returns! Sunday, Julia and I went to Wal Mart and to Novie's birthday party at her house. Novie had a princess party and was dressed up so cute for the party. Her Dad just recently was sent to Iraq....it made me really sad to think of him missing his daughter's birthday party! I try to make an effort to take Julia places where she can be around other people and get a change of environment every now and then. However, she had other plans at the party and really wanted to be taking a nap. She proved it to me by crying almost the entire time we were there. I am learning very quickly that your children don't always do exactly like you want them to! I learned too to not to interfere with nap time!
Julia is doing much better at eating her rice cereal. I am amazed that she has learned to eat in just one weeks time. She is eating about 4 or 5 tablespoons of the cereal that is about the consistency of apple sauce. I am really not sure how much of it she actually gets down. She still sucks her left index finger between every bite. I think it helps her to swallow.
This picture is of Julia with her 2nd cousins, Hayden and Hunter. They live in Little Rock and their grandmother is my mom's sister, Aunt Billie Sue. I love their Mom, Dana. She and I spent some time together this summer and had a blast. These boys are sweethearts and I am glad that Julia got to meet them.

1 comment:

jane bonady watson said...

Happy Birthday Julia---you are so big and pretty!!! I know you had fun with your boy cousins...they are really cute, aren't they??


X0X0X
great aunt jane