Thursday, October 23, 2008

Things That I Loved Today.....

1. The fact that Julia, for the second day in a row, didn't cry when I left her at the sitter's!

2. That the hospital auxiliary (volunteers) made $1500 on their fundraiser $5.00 jewelery sale!

3. Julia smacking her lips when she took some bites of the chicken and dumplings that her JeeJee cooked for her.

4. The thought of taking Julia to the Parker Homestead Pioneer Village this weekend.

5. The fact that I may have made the best pot of chili that I have ever made tonight!

6. The fact that the hot tub has clean water in it, that I have a good book to read while enjoying it, and that there is a half empty bottle of wine leftover from book club that will go bad if someone doesn't enjoy it soon.....

7. That I screamed like a little girl this afternoon when I was admiring this guy's new truck today at work and opened the door to find an enormous rubber water moccasin.

8. Julia checking to make sure there was plenty of rinse-aid in the dishwasher tonight after dinner.
9. Julia's first craft project that she came home with from the sitters. How cute is that? I LOVE it that they made a craft today! I know that there will be a day when our house if full of Julia's art projects but I wanted to always remember the first one.

10. And the thing that I loved most today was seeing what John brought home from his trip from Wal-Mart. The conversation went something like this:

Me- What is that?

John- A Birthday present for Julia

Me- Is it for kids?

John- Yea...you can hook it to an MP3 player or to a real amplifier

Me- Oh, I am sure Julia will really enjoy that.

Several hours later......John was opening the package...

Me- What are you doing? I thought we were saving that for her birthday?

John, very serious and straight faced- What if it doesn't work?

Fun stuff!

No comments: