Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Rocks and Other Discoveries

John and Julia don't get out much during the day, but today he called and said they were heading to the bank and wanted to see if it was okay to stop by. There is not a better surprise than to look up from my desk and see Julia in my doorway! After our visit, they were headed to the park to swing. My jealousy gets the best of me sometimes, but then I remember how lucky we are that at least one of gets to experience all of these wonders. John told me that she loved every minute of the swing at the park and was grinning the whole time.
After work, I got home and my family was here visiting Julia. They had her on the deck and my Mother had given her two rocks and taught her how to clank them together. It is amazing to me how she can watch other people do things and mimic what she sees. Then I got my turn and we went for our neighborhood stroll. I have learned to take some Cheerios and Rice Chex cereal to keep her occupied. She LOVES to be outside!

Julia and her musical instrument.....the two rocks. Not to mention those juicy legs. It takes everything I've got not to squeeze them constantly!

This tea bag was what was left when I was emptying the dishwasher and turned my back for about one minute. The little stinker had them out of the box and had one opened. Her entire face and mouth were brown....covered in tea grounds.

No comments: