Wednesday, October 22, 2008

So Big!

Tuesday was the first day in 8 weeks that Julia did not cry when I left her at Ms. Melinda's. It thrilled my soul not to have to leave her screaming! Melinda reports that she is happy at her house and plays well with others.

Julia notices most of the pumpkins that are in people's yards when we walk. She gets really excited and calls them a ball. She has also learned the word, "Meow" and calls Spooky by the sound she makes instead of by her name. You would think that since the meow word is so commonplace around our house that she would be just as fond of the word "Momma." However, my sweet Julia prefers daddy, meow and ball for now.

She has finally learned the "How Big is Julia?....So Big!" game. We only say it about a hundred times a day. She is also loving her "Pat the Bunny" book. .... I can see why it is a classic. Tonight, on the smell the flowers page. I put the book to my nose and smelled them. She did the same right after me, and put her face to the next page too! It amazes me that she is actually learning from us and soaking in so much of what we say and do.
This is blurry, but it's an action shot of Julia and one of her first "SO BIGS!"

Why toys when there are pizza boxes to scoot around?

Julia and Daddy popping wheelies in the Pampers box

Book club was fun at my house Monday night. Traveling Mercies brought some good discussion. This month, we are going to try a classic, Grapes of Wrath. John has been reading Steinbeck lately, and told me that Grapes of Wrath might have been better than East of Eden. I am looking forward to finding out for myself since there are not many books that could beat East of Eden in my mind!

No comments: